Strand Books Wrote My New Years Resolution: Read/Listen More
The only way I clean my house (shown above) or exercise or do any other hateful thing is if I listen to an audio book. It makes me feel like I'm not wasting my life away. Here's a list for 2015 inspired by an email I got from Strand Books. All are either written by a woman or about women. Sometimes both.
1. A book that intimidates me: The Fountainhead or Atlas Shrugged
2. A book I've lied about reading: The Scarlet Letter
3. A Short Story Collection: Best of Women's Short Stories
4. Read a book before the movie: Wild
5. A book over 100 years old: The Awakening
6. A debut novel: The Edible Woman
Strand made an extended list, but this should get me started. I already finished listening to Wild. Loved it. Now I just have to watch the movie. I especially like that it's starring my daughter's doppelgänger.