OMG I need sandals. NOW or I will die. But they have to:1. Be completely black so I can forget how NY streets are filled with piss and dust.
2. They need to have a back strap. I don't want to be flopping around the city like some wild lady.
3. I recently got a pedometer app on my phone. Over the last 7 days I've walked close to 150 miles. I need shoes that will support me and will take me up to 200 miles. 300 even.
4. They need to be flat. See above.
5. They can't cost $400 even if they are perfect.
Here's my top 9 semi-affordable shoes shown in beautiful HD 3D imax technicolor.
|#9 is for all you BFGs out there.|
1. $125 // Hunter makes waterproof sandals. News to me. Tempting. Worried about the comfort though. I have hunter rain boots. They are the worst.
2. $160 // These Camper sandals have a slight heal (boo), but I think they would still be comfortable and last. Concerned I would look too granny. I think I would need pink hair and tattoos to balance these shoes out. My look is a little too conservative housewife for these.
3. $100 // Basic and comfortable and cool I guess.
4. $100 // See #3 (aka too lazy to think of something)
5. $150 // See #4
6. $130 // See #4
7. $90 // Very tempted by these Birkenstocks. Like the thinner straps. The tan footbed grosses me out, but I don't think any of the shoes I found will be as comfortable. Good price tag.
8. $188 // Love these Frye sandals. I know they would last a million years. Steep Price tag.
9. $198 // Cole Haan is a trusted brand in my house. I find good sales here. Plus they are always comfortable and durable. Love the back zipper. But the precious ankle straps scare me slightly.
This post was certainly worth staying up to 1am to finish. It got to the point that I couldn't sleep knowing I was withholding this very important information. It's been haunting me for weeks. I feel much better now.