Here's one of my ideas. And another. And some official ideas. And here's what I did yesterday:
1. Spotlighted an Artist: I introduced the kids to Chuck Close. I asked them to make the same faces as the people in the portraits. Of course Owen wanted nothing to do with my art lesson.
2. Took a Break: Ran up to the Roof Garden, bought lemonade and chugged it. Owen won. Ella was disappointed there were no flowers in the roof garden. The sculptures let her down.
3. Took another Brake: Got out of the museum, crossed the street to William Greenberg Desserts for the best black and white cookies this city makes. The boys slept threw it.
4. Lived our Life: Headed back towards the Met and walked north to Ancient Playground. Forgot to apply sunscreen.
5. Played: Played until their shoulders turned pink.
6. Finished: Pushed the boys home in the stroller. Ella used her scooter.
The reason for yesterday's trip to the Met was to see the Alexander McQueen exhibit but the line was 2.5 hours long . . . not worth it with the kids. But it's worth it to me! I already have a babysitter lined up so I can see the exhibit before it closes on Friday. I can't wait!
*You know the Met's entrance fee is a suggested donation, right? Pay whatever you want and the employees never flinch.