NYC Style Guide: Dressing Kids
Living in NYC has taught me a thing or two about fashion. The women and men on the streets look amazing! And their kids? Super stylish too. It didn't take me long to figure out their secrets and snatch up a few good deals. Here's a list of my sources. Did I miss something?
1. Suspenders from American Apparel. I've replaced belts for suspenders. Most of the time.
2. Skinny jeans from H&M. They sell unisex skinny jeans for $10 in the girls department. So the boys get Ella's hand me downs (as seen above in grey).
3. Cardigans from American Apparel. A splurge for children's clothes but my kids literally wear these everyday. Gender neutral colors make it easy to share, and it doesn't hurt that all my kids where the same size. As with all American Apparel clothes, buy 3 of the same item get 15% off. Helps a little.
4. T-shirts. $5 dollar each at Old Navy.
5. Shoes: $19.99 for All-Stars at Sears. Sears usually has the best deals on Converse All-Stars.
Ella is same as the boys mixed with $3 dollar tank tops from H&M, various skirts (thanks Liz for sewing the flower one above!), and:
1. Silly Tights from American Apparel.
2. Saddle Shoes $14.99 from Payless.com. Today I bought Ella's new current size, and one size up at the BOGO sale. Free shipping to store. Also, if you enter "42531" in coupon code box, you get 20% off at checkout. It comes out to around $10 for each pair.
When all else fails, the Superhero costumes are always a hit.