1. Don't forget to add vinegar to the water when you boil the eggs. I forgot and I bet my eggs would have held onto the wax better.
2. Don't shave too many crayons. I come from the school of more is better, but in the end, all the eggs were swimming in red wax. Also, the eggs all stuck to the plate once they dried because the melted shavings turned into one big crayon. I broke three trying to pry them off . See the soupy mess in the last picture.
3. Have the kids take the paper off the crayons. It takes them forever and keeps them busy.
4. My cheese grader is ruined? I haven't tried to clean it yet.
5. The kids adored the process and squealed with delight once they saw the crayons melting. I forgot to tell them, and they were so surprised!
6. I think this is a new tradition. Next year I will use less shavings, less reddish tones, and more eggs!
Have you tried this process? What did I miss?
For more Easter decorating ideas check out my other ones: